A freshly laid tarmac driveway is a striking addition to any property. Many feel that tarmac looks nicer than the popular pattern imprinted concrete. While tarmac is durable and extremely functional, like block paving, tarmac is a breeding ground for moss, weeds and lichen. Because of it's rough texture, it has a seemingly unparalleled ability to hold water and provide ideal conditions for moss and weed growth.
Over time the tarmac driveway is also exposed to UV light and water, loses its resins, black colour and turns grey. Lost resins cause the tarmac driveway to become more brittle, cracks appear and "chippings" soon break off.
Tarmac Driveway Cleaning
As already mentioned, moss and weeds proliferate on tarmac driveway. We pre-treat the tarmac driveway with a concentrated moss and weed killer which both kills existing moss and weeds, but also remains on the surface and kills off any moss spores that are waiting to germinate. The next stage after pre-treatment, is the tarmac driveway cleaning process which removes the dead moss and general dirt and grime. For the tarmac driveway cleaning process, we use a rotary headed cleaner which gives an even clean to the tarmac as a normal pressure washer lance can break up the tarmac surface.
This driveway is faded and dull before resealing.
After cleaning and resealing the surface is bright, clean and fresh.
Tarmac Driveway Restoration and Tarmac Sealer
We are Smartseal Registered Installers and use high quality tarmac driveway sealing products at a professional level.
We can use a tarmac repair kit to fill any cracks in the tarmac driveway. We can also fill 'drops' in tarmac with cold tarmac repair compound, fill the edges with tarmac joint sealer and then seal the surface with Tarmaseal. Tarmaseal is the market leading tarmac driveway restoration product. It is a high quality tarmac restorer and the preferred choice of thousands of home-owners and contractors across the UK. The benefits of Tarmaseal tarmac driveway restorer are:
- Transform the appearance of any existing tarmac driveway
- Replaces lost resin from tarmac, vastly superior to bitumen based tarmac paint
- Re-creates original colour of tarmac
- Avoids need for expensive replacement of tarmac
- Long term protection, increases lifespan of tarmac, reduces future tarmac repair
- Covers unsightly cement & oil stains or marks
- Protects tarmac from future petrol, diesel, oil spills & moss and algae growth
- Seals, waterproofs and protects the tarmac
- Tarmac sealer available in black, green & red
The Tarmac Driveway Restoration Process
- Step 1
- Preparation Prior to Tarmac Cleaning We start by sweeping away any loose stones and remove moss or weeds.
- Step 2
- Tarmac Driveway Cleaning We carry out the tarmac driveway cleaning by pressure washing with a rotary headed cleaner ensuring an even finish that does not damage the tarmac surface.
- Step 3
- Pre-treatment & Tarmac Repairs We then pre-treat the tarmac driveway with a fungicidal wash to inhibit moss or algae growth. Repairs to any cracks or potholes are carried out.
- Step 4
- Tarmac Sealing Application of a base coat & top coat of Tarmaseal to restore the surface just like new!
Further Tarmac Driveway Cleaning and Sealing Information
Our aim with our tarmac driveway restoration service is to provide the tarmac driveway with a complete 'facelift' instead of total replacement. We can provide a deep clean and our tarmac driveway sealers replace lost resins and re-colour the tarmac driveway, leaving it with that 'just laid' look.
To arrange a FREE, no obligation site survey for your tarmac driveway cleaning, restoration or sealing, please visit our Contact Us page.